Saturday, June 12, 2010

CultureGrams seeks writer for text on DR Congo

YESTERDAY I received the following email. I am copying it here in full incase it is of interest to any readers of Congo Watch. Please note that the email was unsolicited and its author is unknown to me but feel free to pass it on.
Subject: Seeking a writer for text on Dr Congo

Ingrid,

I came across your blog while searching for someone to do a small writing project for me. Below is a form letter that explains in greater detail what I’m looking for. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

I’m an editor of an educational publication called CultureGrams, which is seeking someone with experience in the DR Congo for a paid project. I’m hoping that you might be able to assist me in locating someone.

CultureGrams is a series of more than 200 country-specific reports that describe people's daily life and culture. The audience consists primarily of North American students and educators.

We are currently seeking someone to help us expand our existing DR Congo report. This person will provide additional cultural information about certain sections of the report. We will provide direction and prompts as to the type of information we are seeking. Contributors receive a one-time payment of $250.

No professional writing experience is required. We ask only that contributors be current or recent residents of the country (preferably with at least 2.5 years of full-time residency in the last 4 years), have a college degree (or equivalent education), fluently speak the country's official language or a major national language, and have had experience in more than one region of the country and with people of different socioeconomic levels.

I’d be grateful if you could let me know of anyone who might be interested in this project. Applicants should email me their CV and a brief description of how they meet the above qualifications. More information on CultureGrams is available at www.culturegrams.com.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Perhaps you know someone in DR Congo who would be qualified to do this writing.

Sincerely,

Steve Williams
Editor, ProQuest
5252 North Edgewood Drive, Suite 125
Provo, UT 84604
InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator

No comments: